Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A quick background...

Blogging about myself is sort of new to me, so I am giving it a shot.  I have blogged in the past, but have blogged about things related to my business.  As being an owner of a kitchen & bath design business, blogging about anything in the interior design world comes easy to me.  Talking about myself, however, does not come easy!!  Either way,  I just wanted to give you a quick background, and explain why I am starting this blog.

If you read my 'about me' you will know that I have struggled with being too skinny, while also having Keratosis Pilaris aka "chicken skin".  The Keratosis Pilaris I have had since I was born.  I have a bad case on my arms, a little on my legs but mainly on my face.  For those of you who are not familiar with KP it is a skin disorder which causes tiny red bumps on your skin.  Most people have it, and I have a severe case of it.  I also have the Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii too, which gives me very rosy cheeks, nose, chin and ears.  As a little girl... I was really cute with rosy cheeks, but as I got older the redness got worse, so now I rarely go out without foundation.  I have been trying so many creams, treatments, supplements for my KP over the years.  I feel I have tried EVERYTHING, and nothing works!!!  So, hopefully I can find something that can lessen my KP, so it is not so severe!

Lastly, I am naturally very thin.  My metabolism is very fast, and do not put on weight no matter what I eat.  This never bothered me until people would say comments.  "Why are you so skinny?", "Go eat a cheeseburger", "I bet you never eat anything".  Girls in college would call me anorexic.  So, since I never watched what I ate, and ate pretty much anything, every time they said something it really offended me and bothered me.  For a while, I would eat fast food, anything high in fat and calories so I could try to put on weight.  It didn't work, and it ended up making my skin worse, and made me feel crappy.  While I was putting calories and fat in my system, I wasn't nourishing my body.  In addition, I also didn't work out for fear that it would make me loose more weight.

Luckily, I have come to accept my naturally slender figure, and rosy bumpy skin.  Although I accept it, it doesn't mean I will give up completely on doing anything about it!!  I have also started working out on a regular basis, and eating better with whole foods, and foods high in healthy fats.  As I try more supplements, and go through my work outs, I will share the progress with you.  I also LOVE trying new beauty products, especially to see what helps my KP.  I will be sharing those as well!!




No comments:

Post a Comment