Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is Shakeology too good to be true?

Before 3 weeks ago, I was the worst person at eating breakfast in the morning.  I would always eat an early giant lunch and a giant dinner, and snack in between.   Usually I would try to make something to eat  for breakfast but once in a while I was just not hungry enough for food, and by the time I was I figured I'll just wait for lunch.

The food I would eat for breakfast was either, a natural gluten free cereal with almond milk, or some sort of eggs and potatoes.  The cereal never filled me up, and the eggs/potatoes made me too full!   Not to mention, I started eating gluten & cane sugar free (for the most part), because I have a sensitivity to them.  So that's my breakfast history, exciting huh? (I wish there was a way to emphasize sarcasm via a specific punctuation mark!)

Recently I was invited to a Shakeology party with my mom.  All I knew was that it was a supplemental meal replacement, whole food shake that people take in the morning. Me, I was wanting to go, but was immediately skeptical.  It sounded too good to be true.  There are so many health food drinks available, and a good many I have tried, but after further research usually made me realize the ingredients are not so good.  Plus, so many of them have sugar in them,  or are just protein only.

Because I was skeptical, I decided to do my own research about the product so I knew about it before the party.  I went online first to look at the ingredients.  The first thing I noticed is that it is gluten free, and free of refined sugars or artificial sugars, making it 'certified low' on the Glycemic Index.  (It's sweetened with stevia & NON GMO fructose)   The protein looked good to me, 15g of whey protein which I thought was good so far.   They also have a vegan blend, made with brown rice protein.  

Here is where I started to get impressed:  While reading through the ingredients, I notice it was packed with  vitamins & minerals... some more than others.  For me the most important was vitamin A, vitamin D,  and the B vitamins for my skin & energy.  I then noticed they have probiotics and digestive enzymes included which is huge for me.  Not many people know the value of keeping a good digestive system full of healthy bacteria,  nor do they realize the importance of digestive enzymes.   Lastly, its full of superfoods, and adaptogen herbs, and some super-greens.  The supergreens include Chlorella & Spirulina, which if you are not familiar with is a single cell algae packed full of  health benefits, and are considered a perfect food.  I will elaborate more on the ingredients in another post... do not want to bore you too much here!!

Long story short, I went to the Shakeology party, tasted some of the different flavors which are Chocolate, Greenberry & Tropical Strawberry (vegan).  Beachbody is the company who makes Shakeology, and they offer a variety of work out programs, and other supplements associated with the work out programs. Some programs you would be familiar with such as p90x, insanity, turbo fire, and the one that I decided to give a shot... Brazil Butt Lift.  With being slender, I am still flabby..... need to tone up, and lift my butt so I am slender and in shape... not just slender and frail!  Another post will be about my Brazil Butt Lift experience so far, which I love!

I have been taking Shakeology every morning for the last 3 weeks, and so far I love it.  The first few days you do have to get adjusted to the taste, which I absolutely love.  (It's like trying any new food, or different brand of something... just a different type of chocolate for me.)  And, since it is cleansing out your system, and flooding it with nutrients, you may go through a detox process and have some digestive adjusting to do for a few days.  There are various recipes too for the shakes.  I usually make mine with almond milk, and add a little almond butter and half a banana which is yummy for me.  Today, mine has frozen cherries in it... so a frozen cherry chocolate drink for breakfast with no sugar.... yum!!

Three weeks in, and I can feel my energy is higher, my digestion has improved, and my skin is starting to feel softer which is huge!!  As I am new to this Shakeology and Brazil Butt Lift I  would love to find some of you to join me in my journey and try it with me.  It would be great to keep each other motivated, answer questions and just give support!!   When I ordered Shakeology and my Brazil Butt Lift though Beachbody, it automatically made me a "Coach", therefore, I have my own site if you decide in the future to get more information on anything, please visit my Beachbody Coach Page:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/jessicaallison 

You can also order the programs directly from my page.  I did the 'challenge pack', which includes a work out and the Shakeology.  Just click on BE A COACH, and you automatically become coach status when you order a 'challenge pack'... so that's what I did!

Like I said, I am new to this... but, feel free to ask any questions you may have, and your own experiences are welcomed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment